I'll be working at Slopony Adventures (www.slopony.com) starting Dec 2007. . . Vietnam has a lot of rock, and Halong Bay is reminiscent of Thailand many years ago. If you want to get in on the groundfloor, develop routes and find fresh lines. . . DWS, Bouldering and a terrific country to explore. . . consider a trip to Vietnam!

If you want to do some bolting, talk to Erik at Slopony-- the rock is karst and on/near the water, so any gear is subject to corrosion.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow ... Seems good !
I will consider Vietnam for sure, which is the best period ?

Are there many vietnamese climbers ?
Sonia, may be we could open a 9b group here for vietnamese speaking climbers ?

Ciao
I'll know more in a few weeks! I leave on the 20th for Hanoi.

A few years ago I met a guy in Dalat who had an "adventure sports" company. . . he wanted to offer technical climbing and had me scope areas, show his guides how to climb, etc. . . I also know there are some gyms and Vietnamese climbers, though not so many yet, I think. The climate varies N to S-- Vietnam is a big (long!) country, but I think it's climbable most of the year. . .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to the world of CLIMBERS

How to participate in this site at a 9b level

The really first ever film with Adam Ondra: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL80AA5B5B12EB7BFD

Blog Posts

Sell on 9b your climbing topos to other world climbers !

Posted by 9b on March 1, 2013 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

27cragsclimbervoice8a and many others are amazing sites, but sometimes, expecially if you worked a lot to envision, bolt, clean routes or boulders, you want to monetize a little your efforts.

9b can help you in this aim.

As you can see here, in 9b there are many " topo groups ".

You can add a discussion in every "topo group".

In your discussion you can edit and publish your own climbing topoguide, as a "paywall", a "destination page", requiring climbers their payment by credit card or paypal to access and read, even on SMARTPHONES (iphones, android phones, ...)

After having paid, climbers can see, save and print your climbing topoguide.

In this discussion you can add:

1) PHOTOS regarding one specific SECTOR (of routes or bouldering, dws lines)

a) "PHOTO topo":

It's very easy to edit a photo topo:

- upload a photo of a rock in a topo group discussion

- drawn the lines

- write names and grades (an example…

Continue

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by 9b.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service