Hello! I will be returning to Korea in the spring 2008 (I lived there 6 years between 1998-2007) to finish a climbing guidebook. I have a car and will be on a continuous road trip from approximately mid-March- April. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who has wanted to check out the country.

Well mostly be going to climbing areas-- sport, trad, bouldering, multipitch, even some aid. I have gear, but a helmet is recommended for some areas. There is plenty of climbing there, and some places to explore. Many areas can be found at www.koreaontherocks.com-- but only the best of these will make my guidebook.

Korea is relatively inexpensive to travel, and we'd be camping and staying with people much of the time. Occasionally we might stay at a co-ed 24 hour sauna, a simple room, or an inexpensive hotel ($30-40). I have a stove and grill, and eating out is not too expensive either.

Let me know if you are available at this time and want to spend a week or a few weeks. I can try to accomodate your level and preferences as there's a lot of country to cover.

I'd love someone who can take photos, belay. . . and lead the hard pitches!!asia

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sonia,

if You want, please, let us know Your day by day moves here on Your 9b page/blog.
We'd like to see Your Photos and videos too :-) !

What do You think about it ?
That sounds like way too much work. . . and then why would anyone buy the guidebook!?
Ok ok, You decide: You are the top climbing media ! :-)
OK, I decided to blog the road trip on my 9b profile. I figure it will help me keep the whole trip organized! I still welcome anyone to join me:)
Dear Sonia,
… wow !!!
I’m happy about Your decision to blog here !
And happy for You because You’ll do it for Yourself !

If/when You feel blogging an “extra work” I suggest You MICROblogging: just few words (for example, Twitter allows not more than 140 characters). I personally think few words are just fun and free sharing spirit.

Please, consider that in Your blog posts You can add:
- PHOTOS (from Your pc and from the web, just copying the referred url)
- VIDEOS (copying the code for example from YouTube)

If You would like to put Your blog at the top of Your page there is a way to rearrange what goes where, as follows.
On the top there is “latest activity”: You can edit it and choose how many events save (save 0).
Down there is “gadget” that You can edit too (don’t put any gadget).
Then there is Your “box”, Your friends (unfortunely You can’t edit them) and Your blog.
If You do the logout and see Your page, You will ceck Your blog is more visible than before.

Regarding Your problems with Your page appearance managing, I opened a discussion in forums and asked directly to other members … We can ask directly to Ning help: please, let me know if You don’t ask them so I can do it for You.

Ciao bella ! :-)
Sonia,

in order to save Your time ... You can do also ... VIDEOblogging !!!
Why not ?
You are a nice girl, we would like to see Your nice face telling us Your daily adventures :-)
Please, let us dream ...
We could listen and improve Your mother language too and You could promote Yourself as english teacher.
Come on !!

If You start, may be later someone else will want to join conversation ... I know how easily organize for You a more persons video conversations that can be viewed "live" and at the same time remain embedded here.

With Your pc webcam, You can register here Your video messages and put them in Your blog.

If You don't like to show Your face just use outshouts.

Ciao :-)
OK, Hmm. . . well. . .

I managed to break my foot mid-book/trip. . . it seems pretty minor (I climbed on it several days, thinking it ws sprained, before it swelled and rebelled and forced me to a doctor). . . so I'm thinking of ding what research I can, recuperating and visiting my family a bit in the USA, then coming BACK to Korea in the summer (getting a camp job) and travelling around finishing the book then. . .

So anyone interested in joining then (one of my biggest "problems" is mid-week climbing partners!) or if you're a native English speaker, it might be possible that you could also work at an English camp, and climb with me before/after the camp and on the weekends.

I will probably keep my car and gear here. . .at least for storage. . .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to the world of CLIMBERS

How to participate in this site at a 9b level

The really first ever film with Adam Ondra: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL80AA5B5B12EB7BFD

Blog Posts

Sell on 9b your climbing topos to other world climbers !

Posted by 9b on March 1, 2013 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

27cragsclimbervoice8a and many others are amazing sites, but sometimes, expecially if you worked a lot to envision, bolt, clean routes or boulders, you want to monetize a little your efforts.

9b can help you in this aim.

As you can see here, in 9b there are many " topo groups ".

You can add a discussion in every "topo group".

In your discussion you can edit and publish your own climbing topoguide, as a "paywall", a "destination page", requiring climbers their payment by credit card or paypal to access and read, even on SMARTPHONES (iphones, android phones, ...)

After having paid, climbers can see, save and print your climbing topoguide.

In this discussion you can add:

1) PHOTOS regarding one specific SECTOR (of routes or bouldering, dws lines)

a) "PHOTO topo":

It's very easy to edit a photo topo:

- upload a photo of a rock in a topo group discussion

- drawn the lines

- write names and grades (an example…

Continue

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by 9b.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service