world CLIMBERS party
1st a. Julio Fernández, 1992 (a year before Adam Ondra born), the first 8c in Cuenca and one of the first of Spain.
It was a benchmark of modernity in its time, because one of the first very overhanging routes.
After 1st a. some holds got broken, ascents from:
José Manuel Velazquez
Ramon Julian "Ramonet"
In 2007 Luis Alfonso Felix too (suggested grade 8c +).
In 2010, Urs Schoenenberger
According to Luis Alfonso Felix @ Desnivel, El Calvario could be 8c+.
To be noted the last days of Adam Ondra:
1) Friday 8
- 1st a. "La dura dura"
- attempt on "Fight or flight"
2) Saturday 9: rest day
3) Sunday 10:
- 2nd a. of "Fight or flight"
- reclimbing "La dura dura" for photos and video
- traveling all night to Cuenca
- arriving in Cuenca at 4.30 am.
4) Monday 11
- at 10 a.m up
- warm up: Raiban, 8a +, on sight
- 3rd a. of "Totem", on sight, with almost no effort
- "El calvario del sicario", on sight, with lot of effort (Adam is stronger in vertical routes and the route is complicated to visualize and does not allow many mistakes)
- attempt on sight of "Root"